FireDaemon Pro 4 is a major update to our Windows service management product. FireDaemon Pro allows you to create and run any application program or script as a Windows service.
Your FireDaemon Pro 3 license key will NOT work with FireDaemon Pro 4. You will need to get an upgrade license key. Please make sure you read the release notes below before upgrading!
Download FireDaemon Pro 4
For 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
May 2019 - 30-day trial
For 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
May 2019 - 30-day trial
Buy FireDaemon Pro 4
To purchase FireDaemon Pro 4 please visit the FireDaemon Pro 4 pricing information page.
FireDaemon Pro 4 Documentation
Please consult the Users Guide. It contains the necessary information on how to install and use FireDaemon Pro.
FireDaemon Pro 4 Release Notes
- Pro 4 only works with Fusion 6. It does not work with any earlier version of FireDaemon Fusion
- Pro 4 works alongside Pro 3. You cannot edit Pro 3 services with Pro 4 or vice versa
- You will need to obtain a new license key that works with Pro 4. See the Get New License Keys section below.
- Completely redesigned front end
- Works with FireDaemon Fusion 6
- Works with FireDaemon daeMON 2
- Brand new scheduling engine
- Multiple schedule types based on application type
- Always running application schedules include Restart and Duration
- Self completing task schedule includes Execution Origin
- Process management overhauled - immediate catch/restart on crash/failure
- FireDaemon Pro service configuration now kept in the filesystem (rather than registry)
- There's also a global default service template facilitating easy pre-configuration of services
- Please consult the Change Log for the list of recent improvements and fixes.
Before you consider upgrading to FireDaemon Pro 4, please ensure you have completed the following pre-flight checks:
- Ensure you backup and/or snapshot your machine
- Ensure you export your FireDaemon Pro service definitions for safe keeping.
Get New License Keys
- Your FireDaemon Pro 3 or earlier license key will NOT work with this version
- FireDaemon Pro 4 and FireDaemon Pro 4 OEM is available on demand to customers with a current Software Assurance subscription. Please contact us to obtain your license key or link to download Pro OEM.
- If you don't have a Software Assurance subscription you can upgrade for 50% off the base license price. Please contact us to obtain your discount coupon.
- You can purchase new Pro 4 licenses with optional Technical Support and Software Assurance subscriptions. Please see the pricing page for more information.
Check Your Upgrade Path
- If you are running Pro 0.X, 1.X or Trinity 2.X - there is no upgrade path to Pro 4. You will need to install Pro 4 and manually re-create your services.
- If you are running Pro 3.X - ensure you have upgraded to the latest version of Pro 3 first. This is important as earlier versions of Pro 3 have a bug which means your service configuration cannot be imported into Pro 4. Then install Pro 4 and migrate your services as part of the installation process.
- Please ensure you upgrade "like for like". If you have the 32-bit version of Pro 3 installed, then install the 32-bit (x86) version of Pro 4. If you have the 64-bit version of Pro 3 installed, then install the 64-bit (x64) version of Pro 4.
Download The Correct Version Of FireDaemon Pro 4 For Your Operating System
If you don't have FireDaemon Pro 3 installed, then download via the Download links below:
- If you are running a 64-bit Microsoft operating system please download the 64-bit (x64) version of FireDaemon Pro 4
- If you are running a 32-bit Microsoft operating system please download the 32-bit (x86) version of FireDaemon Pro 4.
Prepare for the FireDaemon Pro 4 Upgrade
- If you are upgrading Pro 4 from an earlier version of Pro 4, your Pro 4 services will be stopped and restarted as part of the upgrade. If you have FireDaemon Fusion 6 installed, this will be restarted as part of the upgrade too
If you already have applied your FireDaemon Pro 4 license, then your license will be preserved during the upgrade. There's no need to re-apply your license key.
If you are upgrading to Pro 4 from Pro 3, you will have the opportunity to import your existing Pro 3 services during the upgrade. Please ensure you have backed up your service definitions in advance. Additionally, ensure you have updated FireDaemon Pro 3 to the latest build before upgrading. Your Pro 3 services will be stopped, migrated and then started again under Pro 4 control. You can optionally uninstall Pro 3 at this time too.
Bugs? Issues? Feature Requests?
Tell us what you think! All feedback gratefully received!