Using FireDaemon Zero is very simple. After installing FireDaemon Zero, a FireDaemon Zero application icon will be available in the System Tray in the Windows Taskbar.
- Double click on the icon to immediately switch the desktop to Session 0.
- Alternatively, right-click the FireDaemon Zero icon and use the following options to perform various actions:
- Switch to Session 0 to switch the desktop to Session 0, or to take control of Session 0 from another user.
- Registration Information to enter or view the FireDaemon Zero license information. You will see the following dialog will be displayed (you may have to confirm a UAC prompt prior to the dialog being displayed):
- Options to configure FireDaemon Zero. The following dialog will be displayed (you may have to confirm a UAC prompt prior to the dialog being displayed). The General tab allows you to specify when FireDaemon Zero checks for updates and if TaskBar notifications are to be displayed.
The Appearance tab allows you to set the desktop background colour on Session 0.
The Auditing tab allows you to set which FireDaemon Zero events are logged to the Windows Event log.
The Quirks tab allows you to set how long you are permitted to remain on Session 0 prior to being returned to your logged-in session due to inactivity (i.e. no mouse movement or keyboard presses). If you enter the value of 0 seconds, you will remain on Session 0 indefinitely, once you have switched to it.
- About to view the FireDaemon Zero product version information. The following dialog will be displayed:
- Exit to exit FireDaemon Zero tray application for the current user only.