!! PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES BELOW VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT !!
FireDaemon Zero 2 is a major update of our Session 0 Viewer product. Please review the change log for new features, improvements and fixes.
License Keys and Upgrades
- Your FireDaemon Session 0 Viewer 1 license key will not work with this version
- FireDaemon Zero 2 and FireDaemon Zero 2 OEM is available on demand to customers with a current Software Assurance contract. Please contact us to obtain your license keys or link to download OEM
- If you don't have a Software Assurance subscription you can upgrade for 50% off the base license price. Please contact us to obtain your discount coupon.
- You can purchase new Zero 2 licenses with optional Technical Support and Software Assurance subscriptions via 2Checkout.
- Product has been renamed from Session 0 Viewer to Zero
- Updated installer graphics and icons
- Updated Start Menu resource links
- Zero Shell task bar is resizable. Size and location is remembered.
- FireDaemon ZeroInput aware (you can check via FDUI0Control query --fdui0input-state).
- Maximised windows are returned to their maximised state when restored from their entry in Zero Shell
- You can use the mouse wheel to scroll through the Zero Shell application list
- Zero Shell lists the Windows services associated with the process running on Session 0
- New extensive command line help: FDUI0Control --help
- Version checking
- Zero is DPI aware on your logged in session as well as Session 0
- Audit logging of users taking control of and kicking other users out of Session 0
Windows 10 Version 1803
Microsoft have decided to remove the Interactive Services Detection Service entirely on Windows 10 Version 1803. Hence, it's no longer possible to actually switch to Session 0 on that OS version. If you are running Windows 10 Version 1709 or earlier versions of Windows then Session 0 access still works as normal. If you have Session 0 Viewer or Zero installed and you upgraded to 1803, the Interactive Service Detection Service will be preserved, however, when you switch desktop, you will switch to a blank screen. You will need to deploy our ZeroInput driver to resolve this issue.
The table below summarises Zero and ZeroInput compatibility and recommended deployment combinations. Remember to deploy appropriately for your operating system architecture. So if you are deploying Zero and ZeroInput on a 32-bit (x86) operating system ensure you use the x86 Zero installer and x86 ZeroInput driver. The same applies for 64-bit (x64).
|Operating System (x86 or x64)||Is Zero Supported?||Is The UI0Detect Service Present?||Can I Deploy Zero?||Do I Need To Create The UI0Detect Service?||Do I Need To Deploy The ZeroInput Driver?|
|Server 2008 ||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Server 2008 R2||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Server 2012 R2 ||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Windows 10 < 1803* **||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Windows 10 >= 1803*||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|All other Server Core variants||No||No||No||No||No|
* Availability of UI0Detect (Interactive Services Detection) Service not guaranteed on any future version of Windows 10 and Server 2016
** UI0Detect Service preserved if Zero was deployed on Windows 10 1709 or earlier which is then upgraded to Windows 10 1803 or later
For 64-bit Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
For 32-bit Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
Below is Zero in action! Interactive services are installed with FireDaemon Pro 4. Session 0 keyboard and mouse control handled by FireDaemon ZeroInput. Note that this screenshot is Windows 10 1709 where UI0Detect is still present.