FireDaemon Fusion and Fusion OEM 7.1.3
FireDaemon Fusion 7 is a major update to our web-based Windows service management product. FireDaemon Fusion allows you to manage FireDaemon Pro and Windows services via your web browser.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Minimum System Requirements
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 End User Download
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 OEM Integrator Download
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 New Features
- Buy FireDaemon Fusion 7
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Documentation
- Before Upgrading to FireDaemon Fusion 7
- Bugs? Issues? Feature Requests?
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Standard Login
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Passkey Login
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Quick Overview
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 FireDaemon Services
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 System Services
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Edit FireDaemon Service
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Edit System Service
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Manage Users
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Add New User
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Settings
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 Settings Hanko Authentication Provider
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 System Information
Minimum System Requirements
Please see the FireDaemon Fusion Compatibility and Support Matrix.
FireDaemon Fusion 7 End User Download
Your FireDaemon Fusion 5 or FireDaemon Fusion 6 license does not work with FireDaemon Fusion 7. You will need to obtain a new license key to use FireDaemon Fusion 7. Please read the "Get New License Keys" section below.
|FireDaemon Fusion 7.1.3 64-bit / x64|
For Microsoft Windows - Intel / AMD only
July 2023 - 30-day trial
64-bit EXE Installer SHA2-256 Checksum
Need to calculate checksums? Download FireDaemon Lozenge!
FireDaemon Fusion 7 OEM Integrator Download
FireDaemon Fusion OEM customers can download product updates via the download link embedded in your Cleverbridge order confirmation or subscription renewal email. If you can't find that email or are unsure of your Cleverbridge reference number please contact us.FireDaemon Fusion 7 OEM is available to existing customers that have a current Software Assurance and Technical Support subscription.
FireDaemon Fusion 7 New Features
|64-bit only||Microsoft ceased delivering 32-bit native operating systems in 2020. Hence, FireDaemon Fusion 7 is now only offered as a 64-bit product.|
|Hardware-based code signing||All FireDaemon software products have been digitally signed for a number of years. We recently implemented hardware-based 3072-bit Extended Validation (EV) code signing. This adheres to industry best practices and provides two levels of trust:|
|Hidden Licensing Information||License information is hidden from regular users (i.e. non-administrators)|
|OpenSSL 3.1||FireDaemon Fusion 6 incorporated OpenSSL 1.1.1. We have replaced that with OpenSSL 3.1 which is the latest release.|
|Passkey Passwordless Login||FireDaemon Fusion 7 offers passwordless multi-factor authentication via Hanko Passkeys.|
|API Updates||The FireDaemon Fusion RESTful API has been updated. Check out the samples.|
|Universal CRT||We always shipped the most recent Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime inside the installer which was installed as a pre-requisite. This dependency has been removed and FireDaemon Fusion 7 now uses the Universal C++ Runtime which is pre-installed with the operating system and maintained via Windows Update. This results in the installer being significantly smaller.|
|New Installer||FireDaemon Fusion 6 and earlier installers were built using InstallShield. InstallShield does not support the detection and deployment of the Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime (MSVCRT) particularly well, forcing reboots in the event of earlier versions of the MSVCRT being present on your computer system. We have replaced the InstallShield MSI installer with an Advanced Installer MSI installer package that correctly handles MSVCRT deployments and upgrades.|
|FireDaemon Pro Compatibility||FireDaemon Fusion 7 is designed to work with FireDaemon Pro 5 only.|
|Software Assurance and Priority Technical Support Subscription||FireDaemon Fusion 6 offered two subscriptions to customers. A Software Assurance subscription and a Priority Technical Support subscription. This often caused confusion in regard to software upgrades and support entitlements. To resolve this we now have a single unified Software Assurance and Priority Technical Support subscription. It costs roughly the same as both previous subscriptions. We feel this will be easier to manage and simpler to understand from an upgrade entitlement, software procurement, and support perspective moving forward.|
Buy FireDaemon Fusion 7
FireDaemon Fusion 7 Documentation
We are currently in the process of updating the FireDaemon Pro 5 documentation. It's an arduous task ...
Before Upgrading to FireDaemon Fusion 7
Before you consider upgrading to FireDaemon Fusion 7, please ensure you have completed the following pre-flight checks:
Step 1. Backup
- Ensure you backup and/or snapshot your machine.
Step 2. Get New License Keys
- Your FireDaemon Fusion 6 or earlier license key will not work with FireDaemon Fusion 7.
- FireDaemon Fusion 7 and FireDaemon Fusion 7 OEM are available for free to customers with a current Software Assurance contract. Please contact us to obtain your new license keys or link to download FireDaemon Fusion 7 OEM.
- Otherwise, you will need to purchase new licenses. You can purchase new FireDaemon Fusion 7 licenses with an optional Software Assurance and Priority Technical Support subscription.
Step 3. Check Your Upgrade Path
- Any version of FireDaemon Fusion prior to 5 cannot be upgraded. You will need to manually uninstall your existing version, and then install FireDaemon Fusion 7.
- If you are running FireDaemon Fusion 5 or 6, your product will be upgraded to FireDaemon Fusion 7.
Step 4. Prepare for the Upgrade
- If you are upgrading to FireDaemon Fusion 7 from FireDaemon Fusion 6, your configuration will be preserved and your product will be upgraded.
- If you are upgrading to FireDaemon Fusion 7 from Fusion 5, your product will be upgraded, however, some configuration items may be lost. Ensure you backup and keep a note of your FireDaemon Fusion 5 settings prior to upgrading.
Bugs? Issues? Feature Requests?
Tell us what you think! All feedback is gratefully received!