FireDaemon Zero Installation
FireDaemon Zero is a standalone software product. The FireDaemon Zero installer is supplied as an executable file (.exe).
Two versions of the installer are provided - one is for 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems, the other is for 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems. The name of the 32-bit installer file is FireDaemon-Zero-x86-2.6.NN.exe. The name of the 64-bit installer file is FireDaemon-Zero-x64-2.6.NN.exe. (in both cases, NN is the version number of the v2.5 release). For the remainder of this guide, we will refer to the FireDaemon Zero installer as FireDaemon-Zero.exe.
You can download the FireDaemon Zero retail installer from the FireDaemon website. Please ensure you review the FireDaemon Zero Compatibility and Support Matrix and FireDaemon Zero and ZeroInput Deployment Matrix prior to attempting to install FireDaemon Zero.
- FireDaemon Zero must only be installed using local or domain administrator privileges.
- Installing the 32-bit version of FireDaemon Zero on a 64-bit operating system environment is not possible.
- Ensure that all Windows Updates - literally everything including root certificates - have been applied to the target system prior to installing FireDaemon Zero. This includes updates for Internet Explorer v11.
Installing FireDaemon Zero
- Double-click the downloaded installer executable file.
- Click Yes to allow the installer to run.
The InstallShield Wizard begins with the welcome page. Click the Next button.
- Read the license agreement carefully and select the option to accept the terms in the license agreement.
The Next button will then be enabled. Click the Next button.
- Review the README Information and then click the Next button.
- Select the folder to install FireDaemon Zero then click the Next button. If you wish to select a different destination folder for the installation, click the Change... button and make your choice.
- If you are deploying on Windows 10 1803 or Server 2019 or later, you will be presented with the option to create the Interactive Services Detection Service (UI0Detect) and be given the option to download FireDaemon ZeroInput. Make your choice then click the Next button.
- FireDaemon Zero is ready to be installed. Click the Install button.
- The installation process will then begin. After the installation has finished, the Wizard Completed page is displayed.
- FireDaemon Zero will now be running in the System Tray Notification Area. Look for the FireDaemon Zero icon in the System Tray area. Right-clicking on the icon will display the FireDaemon Zero menu.