How to install FireDaemon Pro 4
FireDaemon Pro is a standalone software product. The FireDaemon Pro installer is supplied as an executable file (.exe).
Two versions of the installer are provided - one is for 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems, the other is for 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems. The name of the 32-bit installer file is FireDaemon-Pro-x86-X.Y.NN.exe. and the name of the 64-bit installer file is FireDaemon-Pro-x64-X.Y.NN.exe. (in both cases, X is the major version number, Y is the minor version number and NN is the build number).
You can download the FireDaemon Pro retail installer from the FireDaemon website.
- You must install FireDaemon Pro when logged in as a local or domain administrator.
- You will only be allowed to install the x64 version of FireDaemon Pro on 64-bit systems and x86 version of FireDaemon Pro on 32-bit systems.
- Please ensure you have applied all Windows Updates - everything - literally everything - no exceptions. This includes IE11.
- If you are installing FireDaemon Pro 4 on Windows you may need to confirm various User Account Control (UAC) prompts before the installer is allowed to run.
- If FireDaemon Pro 4 is already installed and if FireDaemon Pro 4 services are currently running, the installer will stop all services before starting the installation and will start the services again once the installation has completed.
- If you are running FireDaemon Pro 3, you can install FireDaemon Pro 4 alongside FireDaemon Pro 3. You can use both the versions simultaneously. FireDaemon Pro 3 cannot manage FireDaemon Pro 4 services and vice versa.
- The FireDaemon Pro installer may deploy the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime as part of the installation process. As a result, the installer may ask you to reboot your computer at the end of the installation process.
Supported Operating Systems
Please review the operating system compatibility and support matrix.
Installing FireDaemon Pro
Note: You must not install FireDaemon Pro on a network drive.
Step 1. Double-click the downloaded installer executable file.
Step 2. Click Yes to allow the installer to run.
The InstallShield Wizard begins with the welcome page.
Step 3. Click the Next button.
Step 4. Read the license agreement carefully and select the option to accept the terms in the license agreement.
The Next button will then be enabled.
Step 5. Click the Next button.
Step 6. Review the Readme Information and then click the Next button.
Step 7. Select the folder to install FireDaemon Pro.
Note: Do not select a folder on a network drive.
Step 8. If you wish to select a different destination folder for the installation, click the Change... button and make your choice.
Step 9. Click the Next button
If you are installing FireDaemon Pro on Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, or later, the Enable Support For Interactive Windows Services page appears. These are the features that are specific to Windows 8.1 or later. You will not see this dialog on Windows 10, 11, Server 2019, and Server 2022. Interactive Services Detection has been removed from those operating system variants.
Step 10. Click the Next button.
If required, click the Back button to ensure that you have selected the required options.
Step 11. Click the Install button to begin the installation.
The installation process begins. After the installation has finished, the Wizard Completed page is displayed.
Step 12. Select the required option(s) on the page to perform any post-installation activities:
- Select the Launch FireDaemon Pro now checkbox to launch FireDaemon Pro Service Manager.
- Select the Show me how to create my first FireDaemon service! checkbox to view a video tutorial on how to create the first service. The video is available on the FireDaemon website.
- Select the Show the Windows Installer Log checkbox to view the Windows Installer log.