FireDaemon Pro is a standalone software product. The FireDaemon Pro installer is supplied as an executable file (.exe).
Two versions of the installer are provided - one is for 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems, the other is for 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems. The name of the 32-bit installer file is FireDaemon-Pro-x86-4.5.NN.exe. and the name of the 64-bit installer file is FireDaemon-Pro-x64-4.5.NN.exe. (in both cases, NN is the minor version number of the v4.5 release).
You can download the FireDaemon Pro retail installer from the FireDaemon website.
- You must install FireDaemon Pro when logged in as a local or domain administrator.
- You will only be allowed to install the x64 version of FireDaemon Pro on 64-bit systems and x86 version of FireDaemon Pro on 32-bit systems.
- Please ensure you have applied all Windows Updates - everything - literally everything - no exceptions. This includes IE11.
- If you are installing FireDaemon Pro 4 on Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or later you may need to confirm various User Account Control (UAC) prompts before the installer is allowed to run.
- If FireDaemon Pro 4 is already installed and if FireDaemon Pro 4 services are currently running, the installer will stop all services before starting the installation and will start the services again once the installation has completed.
- If you are running FireDaemon Pro 3, you can install FireDaemon Pro 4 alongside FireDaemon Pro 3. You can use both the versions simultaneously. FireDaemon Pro 3 cannot manage FireDaemon Pro 4 services and vice versa.
- The FireDaemon Pro installer may deploy the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime as part of the installation process. As a result, the installer may ask you to reboot your computer at the end of the installation process.
Supported Operating Systems
The following table lists the Microsoft operating systems that FireDaemon Pro works with. You should ensure that your operating system is fully patched prior to attempting to install FireDaemon Pro.
|Windows OS||x86 (32-bit)||x64 (64-bit)||Service Pack||Notes|
|Windows XP (NT 5.1)||✓||⨉||SP3||Microsoft support ended April 8, 2014|
|Server 2003 (NT 5.2)||⨉||⨉||SP2||Microsoft support ended July 14, 2015|
|Server 2003 R2 (NT 5.2)||✓||✓||SP2||Microsoft support ended July 14, 2015|
|Windows Vista (NT 6.0)||✓||✓||SP2||Microsoft support ended April 11, 2017|
|Server 2008 (NT 6.0)||✓||✓||SP2||Microsoft support ended January 14, 2020|
|Windows 7 (NT 6.1)||✓||✓||SP1||Microsoft support ended January 14, 2020|
|Server 2008 R2 (NT 6.1)||◯||✓||SP1||Microsoft support ended January 14, 2020|
|Windows 8 (NT 6.2)||✓||✓||Microsoft support ended January 12, 2016|
|Server 2012 (NT 6.2)||◯||✓|
|Window 8.1 (NT 6.3)||✓||✓|
|Server 2012 R2 (NT 6.3)||◯||✓|
|Windows 10 (NT 10.0)||✓||✓||All versions including Version 10H2|
|Server 2016 (NT 10.0)||◯||✓||All versions including Version 1803|
|Server 2019 (NT 10.0)||◯||✓||All versions including Version 1909|
✓ = FireDaemon supported. ⨉ = FireDaemon unsupported. ◯ = OS variant does not exist.
Installing FireDaemon Pro
Note: You must not install FireDaemon Pro on a network drive.
- Double-click the downloaded installer executable file.
- Click Yes to allow the installer to run.
The InstallShield Wizard begins with the welcome page.
- Click the Next button.
- Read the license agreement carefully and select the option to accept the terms in the license agreement.
The Next button will then be enabled.
- Click the Next button.
- Review the Readme Information and then click the Next button.
- Select the folder to install FireDaemon Pro.
Note: Do not select a folder on a network drive.
- If you wish to select a different destination folder for the installation, click the Change... button and make your choice.
- Click the Next button,
If you are installing FireDaemon Pro on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, or later, the Enable Support For Interactive Windows Services page appears. These are the features that are specific to Windows Vista or later. You will not see this dialog on a particular version of Windows 10 and Server 2019. Interactive Services Detection has been removed from those operating system variants.
- Click the Next button.
If required, click the Back button to ensure that you have selected the required options.
- Click the Install button to begin the installation.
The installation process begins. After the installation has finished, the Wizard Completed page is displayed.
- Select the required option(s) on the page to perform any post-installation activities:
- Select the Launch FireDaemon Pro now checkbox to launch FireDaemon Pro Service Manager.
- Select the Show me how to create my first FireDaemon service! checkbox to view a video tutorial on how to create the first service. The video is available on the FireDaemon website.
- Select the Show the Windows Installer Log checkbox to view the Windows Installer log.
- Click the Finish button to close the InstallShield Wizard.