FireDaemon Zero 2 is a major update of our Session 0 Viewer product. This product is currently pre-release.
!! PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES BELOW VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT !!
- Your FireDaemon Session 0 Viewer 1 license key will not work with this version
- FireDaemon Zero 2 and FireDaemon Zero 2 OEM is available on demand to customers with a current Software Assurance contract. Please contact us to obtain your license keys or link to download OEM.
- Product has been renamed from Session 0 Viewer to Zero
- Updated installer graphics and icons
- Updated Start Menu resource links
- Zero Shell task bar is resizable. Size and location is remembered.
- FireDaemon ZeroInput aware (you can check via FDUI0Control query --fdui0input-state).
- Maximised windows are returned to their maximised state when restored from their entry in Zero Shell
- You can use the mouse wheel to scroll through the Zero Shell application list
- Zero Shell lists the Windows services associated with the process running on Session 0
- New extensive command line help: FDUI0Control --help
- Version checking
- Zero is DPI aware on your logged in session as well as Session 0
- Audit logging of users taking control of and kicking other users out of Session 0
New Features Specific To This Build
- Revised default preference: Version check is now daily. Auditing is now on.
- Block installation on Windows 10 1803 if missing UI0Detect
- Make auto-return to user session solely dependent on Switching Option even when ZeroInput is installed.
Fixes Specific To This Build
- Remaining days in trial calculation was wrong.
- Taskbar would crash with x86 version
- Zero would always return to desktop after 30-seconds on OS < 10/2016.
Work In Progress
- Online manual
Windows 10 Version 1803
Microsoft have decided to remove the Interactive Services Detection Service entirely on Windows 10 Version 1803. Hence, it's no longer possible to actually switch to Session 0 on that OS version. If you are running Windows 10 Version 1709 or earlier versions of Windows then Session 0 access still works as normal. If you have Session 0 Viewer or Zero installed and you upgraded to 1803, the Interactive Service Detection Service will be preserved, however, when you switch desktop, you will switch to a blank screen. Consider deploying our ZeroInput driver to resolve this issue.
For 64-bit Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
For 32-bit Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
Below is Zero in action! Interactive services are installed with FireDaemon Pro 4. Session 0 keyboard and mouse control handled by FireDaemon ZeroInput. Note that this screenshot is Windows 10 1709 where UI0Detect is still present.