FireDaemon Zero and Zero OEM 2.6.4
FireDaemon Zero 2 is a major update to our Windows service management product. FireDaemon Zero allows you to easily switch to and from Session 0 on specific versions of Microsoft Windows.
End User Download - FireDaemon Zero 2.6
|FireDaemon Zero 2.6.4 64-bit / x64|
April 2023 - 30-day trial
|FireDaemon Zero 2.6.4 32-bit / x86|
April 2023 - 30-day trial
Integrator Download - FireDaemon Zero 2.6 OEM
FireDaemon Zero OEM customers can download product updates via the download link embedded in your Cleverbridge order confirmation or subscription renewal email. If you can't find that email or are unsure of your Cleverbridge reference number please contact us.
Before deploying FireDaemon Zero on any system, please refer to the Deployment Matrix for important information about compatibility and system requirements.
FireDaemon Zero 2.6 Features
- Updated installer graphics and icons
- Updated Start Menu resource links
- Zero Shell taskbar is resizable. Size and location are remembered.
- FireDaemon ZeroInput aware (you can check via FDUI0Control query --fdui0input-state).
- Maximised windows are returned to their maximised state when restored from their entry in Zero Shell
- You can use the mouse wheel to scroll through the Zero Shell application list
- Zero Shell lists the Windows services associated with the process running on Session 0
- New extensive command-line help: FDUI0Control --help
- Version checking
- Zero is DPI aware on your logged-in session as well as Session 0
- Automatic return from Session 0 idle timeout
- Audit logging of users taking control of and kicking other users out of Session 0
- Please consult the Changelog for the list of recent improvements and fixes.
Buy FireDaemon Zero 2.6
To purchase FireDaemon Zero 2 please visit the FireDaemon Zero 2 pricing information page.
FireDaemon Zero 2.6 Documentation
Please consult the User Guide. It contains the necessary information on how to install and use FireDaemon Zero.
Before Upgrading To FireDaemon Zero 2.6
Before you consider upgrading to FireDaemon Zero 2, please ensure you have completed the following pre-flight checks:
Step 1. Check Compatibility
- Check the FireDaemon Zero + ZeroInput Compatibility Deployment Matrix to ensure your system is supported.
Step 2. Backup
- Ensure you backup and/or snapshot your machine.
Step 3. Get New License Keys
- FireDaemon Zero 2 and FireDaemon Zero 2 OEM are available to new customers or Session 0 Viewer 1 customers with a Software Assurance subscription. Please contact us to obtain your license keys or link to download OEM
- If you don't have a Software Assurance subscription you will need to purchase new licenses.
Step 3. Check Your Upgrade Path
- If you have Session 0 Viewer 1 installed, this product will be removed and replaced with Zero 2
- If you currently have Zero 2 installed, your version will be upgraded
Step 4. Prepare for the Upgrade
- If you have applied your FireDaemon Zero 2 license key, then your license key will be preserved during the upgrade
- You may need to reboot your machine after installation by virtue of FireDaemon Zero 2 deploying the latest Microsoft Visual Studio runtime.
Interactive Services Detection Service Has Been Removed From Windows 10 1803 or later, Windows 11, Server 2019, and Server 2022 or later versions
Microsoft removed the Interactive Services Detection Service entirely on Windows 10 1803 or later versions, Windows 11, Server 2019, and Server 2022. Hence, it's no longer possible to actually switch to Session 0 on those OS versions via the Interactive Services Detection Service (UI0Detect). If you are running Windows 10 1709 or earlier versions of Windows then Session 0 access still works as normal. If you have FireDaemon Zero installed and you upgraded to Windows 10 1803, the Interactive Service Detection Service will be preserved, however, when you switch desktop, you will switch to a blank screen. You will need to deploy our ZeroInput driver to resolve this issue. Ensure you review the FireDaemon Zero + ZeroInput Compatibility Deployment Matrix prior to deploying FireDaemon Zero.
Forced Relogin When Returning from Session 0 on Windows 10 1809 and Server 2019 1809
If you RDP into Windows 10 1809 or Server 2019 1809 or later versions and switch desktop to Session 0 then attempt to switch back to your logged-in session - you will always be returned to the Windows login screen. We have no fix or workaround for this. Note that you do not see this behaviour if you are logged directly into the Windows 10 1809 or Windows Server 2019 1809 console.
No Access To Session 0 via RDP on Windows 10 1903 or later, Windows 11, or Server 2022
Switching to Session 0 on Windows 10 1903 or later, Windows 11, or Server 2022 over RDP no longer works. It would appear Microsoft is now actively blocked the contents of the Session 0 desktop from being rendered in the RDP session and / or dropping the RDP session entirely. If you try switching to Session 0 your RDP session will hang, you will have to forcibly disconnect and then reconnect to your computer. The only workarounds that we know of are:
- to login to the physical console session of your computer directly (e.g. via physical keyboard and mouse, via hardware-based computer gateways such as Dell iDRAC or HP ILO, or via virtual machine console offered by VMware vSphere or equivalent).
- abandon Microsoft RDP entirely and try using an alternate remote control product instead such as TightVNC, TeamViewer, or TSplus. Your mileage may vary depending on the remote control tool you choose and the particular version of Windows you use. Ensure you test thoroughly.
RDP Session Freeze When Switching to Session 0 on the Console Session on Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022
If you connect to the physical console of your Windows Server (i.e. the desktop into which the keyboard and mouse are connected) and then switch desktop to Session 0, all existing RDP sessions will freeze until you return from Session 0. From our investigations, this appears to be due to an unresolvable issue in the terminpt.sys driver that is used by the "Remote Desktop Keyboard Device" and "Remote Desktop Mouse Device". There's no fix or workaround.
FireDaemon Pro 4 and Zero 2 Running on the User Session
Interactive FireDaemon Pro 4 Services and Zero 2 Tray Running on Session 0
Bugs? Issues? Feature Requests?
Tell us what you think! All feedback gratefully received!