!! PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES BELOW VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT !!
FireDaemon Fusion 6 is a major update to our web based FireDaemon Pro Services and Windows Services management product.
Important Notes About This Release
- Fusion 6 only works with FireDaemon Pro 4. It does not work with any earlier version of FireDaemon Pro
- You will need to obtain a new license key that works with Fusion 6. See the Get New License Keys section below.
- Completely redesigned front end
- SSL enabled by default with the ability to upload custom certificates
- RESTful API overhaul
- Full reverse proxying with products such as Nginx and Caddy
- CORS support to allow you to easily embed the Fusion API in your application. Check out our Fiddle to see how the API works. IMPORTANT: make sure you visit https://127.0.0.1:20604 and accept the SSL certificate exception prior to running the Fiddle.
- Works exclusively with FireDaemon Pro 4
- Please consult the Change Log for the list of recent improvements and fixes.
Before You Upgrade
Before you consider upgrading to FireDaemon Fusion 6, please ensure you have completed the following pre-flight checks:
- Ensure you backup and/or snapshot your machine
- Ensure you export your FireDaemon Pro service definitions for safe keeping.
Get New License Keys
- Your FireDaemon Fusion 5 license key will NOT work with this version
- FireDaemon Fusion 6 is available on demand to customers with a current Software Assurance contract. Please contact us to obtain your license key.
- If you don't have a Software Assurance subscription you can upgrade for 50% off the base license price. Please contact us to obtain your discount coupon.
- You can purchase new Fusion 6 licenses with optional Technical Support and Software Assurance subscriptions via 2Checkout.
Check Your Upgrade Path
- Any version of FireDaemon Fusion prior to 5 cannot be upgraded. You will need to manually uninstall your existing Fusion version, then install Fusion 6
- If you are running FireDaemon Fusion 5, your product will be upgraded to Fusion 6.
Prepare for the FireDaemon Fusion 6 Upgrade
- If you are upgrading to Fusion 6 from an earlier version of Fusion 6, your configuration will be preserved and your product will be upgraded
- If you are upgrading to Fusion 6 from Fusion 5, your product will be upgraded, however, some configuration items may be lost. Ensure you backup and keep a note of your Fusion 5 settings prior to upgrading.
ISSUE #1. We have had reports of FireDaemon Fusion hanging after upgrade from earlier versions. If you experience this, uninstall FireDaemon Fusion along with the Visual Studio C++ 2015 x86 runtime. Reboot, then try installing Fusion again. The Visual Studio C++ 2017 x86 runtime should now be deployed as part of the install. This also has the unfortunate side effect of your settings will be lost. Prior to uninstall backup the C:\Program Files (x86)\FireDaemon Fusion\configuration directory. Once the install has completed successfully and you can access Fusion, stop the FireDaemon Fusion service and drop your original configuration files back in.
For 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
January 2019 - 30-Day Trial
Bugs? Issues? Feature Requests?
Tell us what you think! All feedback gratefully received!