!! PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES BELOW VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT !!
FireDaemon Pro 4 is a major update to our Windows service management product. FireDaemon Pro allows you to create and run any application as a Windows service.
Important Notes About This Release
- Pro 4 only works with Fusion 6. It does not work with any earlier version of FireDaemon Fusion
- Pro 4 works alongside Pro 3. You cannot edit Pro 3 services with Pro 4 or vice versa
- Completely redesigned front end
- Works with FireDaemon Fusion 6
- Works with FireDaemon daeMON 2
- Brand new scheduling engine
- Multiple schedule types based on application type
- Always running application schedules include Restart and Duration
- Self completing task schedule includes Execution Origin
- Process management overhauled - immediate catch/restart on crash/failure
- FireDaemon Pro service configuration now kept in the filesystem (rather than registry)
- There's also a global default service template facilitating easy pre-configuration of services.
Before You Upgrade
Before you consider upgrading to FireDaemon Pro 4, please ensure you have completed the following pre-flight checks:
- Ensure you backup and/or snapshot your machine
- Ensure you export your FireDaemon Pro service definitions for safe keeping.
Get New License Keys
- Your FireDaemon Pro 3 or earlier license key will NOT work with this version
- FireDaemon Pro 4 and FireDaemon Pro 4 OEM is available on demand to customers with a current Software Assurance subscription. Please contact us to obtain your license key or link to download OEM.
- If you don't have a Software Assurance subscription you can upgrade for 50% off the base license price. Please contact us to obtain your discount coupon.
- You can purchase new Pro 4 licenses with optional Technical Support and Software Assurance subscriptions via 2Checkout.
Check Your Upgrade Path
- If you are running Pro 0.X, 1.X or Trinity 2.X - there is no upgrade path to Pro 4. You will need to install Pro 4 and manually re-create your services.
- If you are running Pro 3.X - ensure you have upgraded to the latest version of Pro 3 first. This is important as earlier versions of Pro 3 have a bug which means your service configuration cannot be imported into Pro 4. Then install Pro 4 and migrate your services as part of the installation process.
Download The Correct Version Of FireDaemon Pro 4
Via the links below:
- If you are running a 64-bit Microsoft operating system please download the 64-bit (x64) version of FireDaemon Pro 4
- If you are running a 32-bit Microsoft operating system please download the 32-bit (x86) version of FireDaemon Pro 4.
Prepare for the FireDaemon Pro 4 Upgrade
- If you are upgrading Pro 4 from an earlier version of Pro 4, your Pro 4 services will be stopped and restarted as part of the upgrade. If you have FireDaemon Fusion 6 installed, this will be restarted as part of the upgrade too.
- If you are upgrading to Pro 4 from Pro 3, you will have the opportunity to import your existing Pro 3 services during the upgrade. Please ensure you have backed up your service definitions in advance. Additionally, ensure you have updated FireDaemon Pro 3 to the latest build before upgrading. Your Pro 3 services will be stopped, migrated and then started again under Pro 4 control.
New Features Specific To This Build
Fixes Specific To This Build
- GUI crash when clicking on CPU bindings on 32-bit machines with > 32 or 64-bit machines with > 64 cores
- Correctly update CPU bindings after loading a service definition file
- Ensured that "Run In Session" really starts the service executable in the current user's session
- Restart Scheduling "Till following" always reset to 12:00AM
- Crash on Windows XP when editing a system service associated with a hardware profile
- Updated start menu shortcuts and links to documentation.
For 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
For 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
Bugs? Issues? Feature Requests?
Tell us what you think! All feedback gratefully received!