FireDaemon Pro 4 is a major update to our Windows service management product. FireDaemon Pro allows you to create and run any application as a Windows service. This product is currently in pre-release.
!! PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES BELOW VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT !!
Important Notes About This Release
- Pro 4 only works with Fusion 6. It does not work with any earlier version of FireDaemon Fusion
- Pro 4 works alongside Pro 3. You cannot edit Pro 3 services with Pro 4 or vice versa
- This release of FireDaemon Pro 4 is feature complete. As such we recommend you trial the product in a non-mission critical environment first (eg. a disposable VM). However, the testing team reports the product is stable and we have numerous reports of the product being used successfully and reliably in production.
- Your FireDaemon Pro 3 license key will not work with this version
- FireDaemon Pro 4 and FireDaemon Pro 4 OEM is available on demand to customers with a Software Assurance contract. Please contact us to obtain your license key or link to download OEM.
- If you need a Pro 4 license simply purchase a FireDaemon Pro 3 license, then contact us and we will upgrade you at no charge.
- Completely redesigned front end
- Works with FireDaemon Fusion 6
- Works with FireDaemon daeMON 2
- Brand new scheduling engine
- Multiple schedule types based on application type
- Always running application schedules include Restart and Duration
- Self completing task schedule includes Execution Origin
- Process management overhauled - immediate catch/restart on crash/failure
- FireDaemon Pro service configuration now kept in the filesystem (rather than registry)
- There's also a global default service template facilitating easy pre-configuration of services.
New Features Specific To This Build
- Improved logging of system parameters at service startup
Fixes Specific To This Build
- GUI would sometimes freeze when in trial mode
- Updated shortcuts and links to documentation
Work In Progress
- Time and dates matching system locale
- Product manual coming any day now!
For 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
For 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems
Bugs? Issues? Feature Requests?
Tell us what you think! All feedback gratefully received!