FireDaemon Pro and Pro OEM 4.6.1
FireDaemon Pro 4 is a major update to our Windows service management product. FireDaemon Pro allows you to create and run any application, program, or script as a Windows service on Session 0.
End User Download - FireDaemon Pro 4.6
FireDaemon Pro 3 license keys do not work with FireDaemon Pro 4. FireDaemon Pro 4 license keys do not work with FireDaemon Pro 3. You will need to obtain the correct license key for the version of FireDaemon Pro you wish to use. Please read the "Get New License Keys" section below. FireDaemon Pro 4 works alongside FireDaemon Pro 3. You cannot edit Pro 3 services with Pro 4 or vice versa.
|FireDaemon Pro 4.6.1 64-bit / x64 / ARM64EC|
January 2022 - 30-day trial
|FireDaemon Pro 4.6.1 32-bit / x86|
January 2022 - 30-day trial
For Microsoft Windows
For Microsoft Windows
Windows 8.1, 10
IMPORTANT #1: you may need to reboot your machine after installing this update by virtue of this version now deploying the latest Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2015-2022 runtime.
IMPORTANT #2: you may see a Windows Smartscreen notification when installing this version. This version uses an updated Sectigo code signing certificate that may trigger the Windows Smartscreen warning.
Integrator Download - FireDaemon Pro 4.6 OEM
FireDaemon Pro OEM customers can download product updates via the download link embedded in your Cleverbridge order confirmation or subscription renewal email. If you can't find that email or are unsure of your Cleverbridge reference number please contact us. FireDaemon Pro 4 OEM is only available to existing customers that have a current Software Assurance and Technical Support subscription.
Windows Server Core App Compatibility Feature On Demand (FOD)
If you are deploying FireDaemon Pro 4 on Windows Server Core (i.e. you are not installing Desktop Experience), please ensure you install the App Compatibility Feature On Demand (FOD) prior to using FireDaemon Pro. This Windows feature is required to allow FireDaemon Pro to display Windows Explorer dialog box components properly and to run other Windows operating system components from the hamburger menu.
FireDaemon Pro 4.6 New Features
- Completely redesigned front end
- Works with FireDaemon Fusion 6.6 only
- Works with FireDaemon daeMON 2.5
- Brand new scheduling engine
- Multiple schedule types based on application type
- Always running application schedules include Restart and Duration
- Self-completing task schedule includes Execution Origin
- Process management overhauled - immediate catch/restart on crash/failure
- FireDaemon Pro service configuration is now kept in the filesystem
- There's also a global default service template facilitating easy pre-configuration of services
- Overhaul of service Events
- Commands can be sent to the sub-process via stdin
- Support for NUMA nodes and processor groups
- Services can be filtered
- Import services definitions via Inbound drag and drop
- Service life-cycle options based on process exit code
- Can launch processes that require higher execution levels
- Can terminate/restart hung processes
- Confirmation of actions controlling all services
- Run in session support for virtual desktops
- Prompt for service account password on import or clone
- Hotspots (visual cues)
- Note that Pro 4.6 Service definitions are not backwardly compatible with Pro 3.15 or 4.0
- Consult the Change Log for all improvements and fixes.
Buy FireDaemon Pro 4
To purchase FireDaemon Pro 4 licenses please visit the FireDaemon Pro 4 pricing information page.
FireDaemon Pro 4 Documentation
Please consult the User Guide. It contains the necessary information on how to install and use FireDaemon Pro.
Before Upgrading To FireDaemon Pro 4
Before you consider upgrading to FireDaemon Pro 4, please ensure you have completed the following pre-flight checks:
Step 1. Backup
- Ensure you backup and/or snapshot your machine
- Ensure you export your FireDaemon Pro service definitions for safekeeping.
Step 2. Get New License Keys
- Your FireDaemon Pro 3 or earlier license key will not work with Pro 4
- FireDaemon Pro 4 and FireDaemon Pro 4 OEM is available for free to customers with a current Software Assurance subscription. Please contact us to obtain your license key or link to download Pro OEM.
- Otherwise, you will need to purchase new licenses. For more information on upgrade entitlements please see Upgrades and Support - Software Assurance and Technical Support
- You can purchase new Pro 4 licenses with optional Technical Support and Software Assurance subscriptions. Please see the pricing page for more information.
Step 3. Check Your Upgrade Path
- If you are running Pro 0, Pro 1 or Trinity 2 - there is no upgrade path to Pro 4. You will need to install Pro 4 and manually re-create your services.
- If you are running Pro 3 - ensure you have upgraded to the latest version of Pro 3.15 first. This is important as earlier versions of Pro 3 have a bug which means your service configuration cannot be imported into Pro 4. Then install Pro 4 and migrate your services manually from Pro 3 to Pro 4.
- If you have Pro 4.0 installed - ensure you upgrade to Pro 4.0.72 prior to upgrading to Pro 4.6.
- If you have Fusion 6.0 installed - ensure you upgrade to Fusion 6.0.34. prior to upgrading to Fusion 6.6.
Step 4. Prepare for the Upgrade
- If you are upgrading Pro 4 from an earlier version of Pro 4, your Pro 4 services will be stopped and restarted as part of the upgrade. If you have FireDaemon Fusion 6 installed, this will be restarted as part of the upgrade too
If you have applied your FireDaemon Pro 4 license key, then your license key will be preserved during the upgrade.
If you are upgrading from Pro 3 to Pro 4, you will need to manually migrate your services. Please carefully read our migration guide.
You may need to reboot your machine after installation by virtue of FireDaemon Pro 4 now deploying the latest Microsoft Visual Studio C++ runtime.
Bugs? Issues? Feature Requests?
Tell us what you think! All feedback is gratefully received!