You might encounter an error like "Installaware Wizard: Setup database not found" while trying to install or upgrade FireDaemon Pro or other FireDaemon applications, the reason for this might be because your MSI database is corrupt. The MSI database stores information about all installed applications.
The problem is caused when the original MSI that supports the uninstallation has gone missing or the new installer can't locate it. Here are a couple of ways to fix this. As always, be sure to back up your important files before proceeding.
1. Repair the existing FireDaemon Pro installation. You can download the original FireDaemon Pro installer. Run the installer and then look for the Repair Product option. Once repaired try upgrading again.
2. Stop your FireDaemon Pro services manually and close the FireDaemon Pro UI. This time attempt to uninstall FireDaemon Pro using the installer you downloaded in the previous step.
3. Clean up the MSI database, manually removing FireDaemon Pro. To clean up try the following methods:
- You can use the new and exciting web based Microsoft way which you follow at the end of the failed uninstall. When you see a dialog saying "Product failed to uninstall correctly", follow that wizard to clean up the database.
- You can try right clicking on FireDaemon Pro in "Programs and Features" to uninstall
- Another method is to locate the old MSI and try uninstalling manually. You will need to search the file system. You might find the MSI in a path similar to the following:
In the ProgramData folder you will find FireDaemon-Pro-x64-3.14.2755.exe. Run that and uninstall, then proceed to cleanup both folders above. Delete them. Then try a fresh FireDaemon Pro install.
- As a last resort, you can use msicuu2. Then you can zap FireDaemon Pro from the MSI database directly.
If none of the methods above work for you - then please contact us.