uTorrent is made by the developers of BitTorrent and it's a lightweight torrenting client (uses less system resources).
FireDaemon Pro. This allows you to start and run the application automatically when Windows boots and before login. FireDaemon Pro also allows you to start multiple instances of the script, monitoring them and automatically restarting those instances in the event they crash. FireDaemon Fusion can also be used to manage your uTorrent service, plus other Windows services via your web browser.
uTorrent Setup Under FireDaemon Pro
Step 1: Download uTorrent
- Download and install uTorrent Classic from here. For the purposes of this guide, we are using the classic version.
- During installation, you might be asked to install other software (known as "bloatware"). Decline or uncheck the checkbox when asked, no matter how useful the software appears.
- At some point during installation, you'll be presented with a window like the following. Uncheck "Start uTorrent when windows starts up":
Step 2: Configure uTorrent
- Configure all your preferences (max connections, etc.). Please be aware that increasing the connection count too high will slow down the internet speed for everyone else in your network.
- Close uTorrent Classic.
Step 2: Set Up uTorrent as a FireDaemon Pro Service
Download and install FireDaemon Pro. Double click the FireDaemon Pro icon on your desktop, then click on the New (i.e. +) button in the toolbar (or type Ctrl + N) to create a new service.:
By default uTorrent installs to "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent". Replace "<USERNAME>" with the username of the Windows account you installed uTorrent as.
Next, click on the FireDaemon Pro Settings tab:
Enter appropriate values in the fields on the Settings tab as follows:
- (Required) Job Type: You must set the job type to "Global Job".
- (Required) Logon Account: Enter the Windows account under which the application is to be run, e.g. the current user account.
- Password / Confirm Password: Enter the logon account's password twice.
- (Optional) Interact with Desktop: Interact with Desktop: If this setting is enabled (default), the applications' output messages can be seen in the console window on Windows Session 0. To switch to Session 0, it may be necessary to install FireDaemon Zero and ZeroInput. Alternatively, this setting may be disabled, in which case the application's messages will be hidden.
- (Optional) Priority: To allocate more CPU time to the application, select a higher scheduling priority in this field.
- (Optional) CPU Bindings: To run the application on a specific CPU, specify the appropriate CPU in this field.
Step 6: Verify that uTorrent Classic is Running Correctly
The uTorrent's status can easily be checked on the main FireDaemon Pro Services List - look for a Running Status value and a numeric Process ID (PID) value.
If the service's Interact with Desktop setting is enabled, the game status can also be verified by switching to Windows Session 0 to view the game's messages.