Allway Sync is a storage application that allows users to backup, sync and share files.
Allway Sync can be run as a Windows service using FireDaemon Pro. This allows you to start and run Allway Sync automatically when Windows boots and before login. FireDaemon Pro also allows you to start multiple instances of Allway Sync, monitoring them and automatically restarting those instances in the event they crash. FireDaemon Fusion can also be used to manage your Allway Sync service, plus other Windows services via your web browser.
Allway Sync Setup Under FireDaemon Pro
- Download Allway Sync from here.
- After its installed, run Allway Sync and configure it to your preferences.
- Go to "View" menu->"Options" and on the "Application" tab uncheck "Start application in system notification area on system start-up"
Step 2: Download and Install FireDaemon Pro
- Download FireDaemon Pro installer
- Double-click installer and follow the installation wizard to complete the installation.
- For more information about installing FireDaemon, see the FireDaemon Pro Users Guide.
Step 3: Set Up Allway Sync as a FireDaemon Pro Service
Double click the FireDaemon Pro icon on your desktop, then click on the New (i.e. +) button in the toolbar (or type Ctrl + N) to create a new service. Enter the information into the fields as you see below. Adjust the path names to suit your installation. Note the required parameters.
Next, click on the FireDaemon Pro Settings tab:
Enter appropriate values in the fields on the Settings tab as follows:
- (Optional) Logon Account: Enter the Windows account under which you entered your Allway Sync login information.
- Password / Confirm Password: Enter the logon account's password twice.
- (Optional) Interact with Desktop: This does nothing, Allway Sync does not display anything on session 0.
- (Optional) Priority: To allocate more CPU time to the game server, select a higher scheduling priority in this field.
- (Optional) CPU Bindings: To run the game server on a specific CPU, specify the appropriate CPU in this field.
Next, click on the Lifecycle tab. Set Shutdown By to Forceful Termination.
Lastly, click the Save and Close (ie. the tick) button on the toolbar. If the service's Startup Type is set to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed-Start), it will start immediately.
Step 5: Verify that Allway Sync is Running Correctly
Allway Sync's status can easily be checked on the main FireDaemon Pro Services List - look for a Running Status value and a numeric Process ID (PID) value.
If the service's Interact with Desktop setting is enabled, Allway Sync status can also be verified by switching to Windows Session 0 to view the Allway Sync's messages.