How to run Tftpd32 (TFTP Server) as a Windows Service.
What is Tftpd32 (TFTP Server) as a Service
Tftpd32 includes TFTP, DHCP, SNTP and SYSLOG servers as well as a TFTP client. Tftpd32 can be run under FireDaemon Pro as a Windows service. This is useful if you want to have the Tftpd32 serve SNTP, TFTP or DHCP requests prior to login or to run the Tftpd32 at a much lower priority or on a specific CPU or core. This guide will show you how to set it up. You can also use Fusion to manage FireDaemon and other Windows services via a web browser.
How to set up Tftpd32 under FireDaemon Pro
1. Download and install Tftpd32. It is supplied as a ZIP file. Extract the file into the directory of your choice. For the purposes of this HOWTO we will use C:\tftpd.
2. Download and install FireDaemon Pro into the directory of your choice, typically C:\Program Files\FireDaemon.
3. Next, start the FireDaemon GUI from the desktop shortcut. Click on the "Create a new service definition" button in the toolbar (or type Ctrl+N) and enter the information into the fields as you see below. Adjust the paths to suit your installation. Note that no parameters are required.
- Executable: The path to your tftpd32.exe file. For the purposes of this HOWTO, the path is C:\tftpd.
- Working Directory: The directory containing your tftpd32.exe file. For the purposes of this HOWTO, the path is C:\
- Parameters: No parameters are required. Leave this field blank.
4. Now click on the Settings tab. If you DON'T want to see Tftpd32 running, uncheck the Interact with Desktop check box & select "Hidden" from the "Show Window" dropdown. You can change the Process Priority to allocate more CPU time to Tftpd32 or specify which CPU or core Tftpd32 will run on (in the case of multi-processor, hyperthreaded or multi-core CPUs). Here you might change the priority to Below Normal to preserve CPU cycles or bind Tftpd32 onto one processor or core in order to free the other.
5. Now click on the OK button to start Tftpd32! You can now go and configure Ttftp32 by clicking on the Settings tab in the main window.