Often FireDaemon services are run off other local drives, such as the E: or F: drive. These drives could be a new local disk array, iSCSI targets or SAN LUNs. If you find your app is not launching under FireDaemon control then ensure you have checked that the Security permissions includes SYSTEM / Full Control. You need to check this as when you add a new drive to a machine and format with NTFS this permission is not automatically set. To check this:
1. Go to My Computer and look for the local drive you want to check.
2. Right click on the local drive and select Properties.
3. Click on the Security tab
4. In the list of "Group or user names" look for SYSTEM. If it is not there click Edit
5. A new dialog box will be displayed titled "Permissions for E:"
6. Click Add
7. A new dialog box will be displayed titled "Select Users or Groups"
8. In the "Enter the object names to select" type SYSTEM and click the Check Names button.
9. Click OK
10. Then in "Permssions for E:" dialog check Full Control
11. Then click OK twice.
Your FireDaemon services should now launch correctly.